The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 169 / Power: 0
Espada is a Helpful and Caring SamsterEspada is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info Thread

I asked Kaha how much is the rate for City Central Hotel but they don't deal with them. May I know how much the bro here paid for each nite at City Central Hotel?
Old 05-10-2015, 11:37 PM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5432 / Power: 15
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pay99 View Post
just to share if i need cash like 1-2k sgd cash...most of the time i ask the ktv to use my card. they can give you cash but at 5%...but i think is still better than use atm......
Borrowing cash at 5% would be better than using ATM??
WRONG.
The important difference is between CREDIT cards and DEBIT cards.

With CREDIT (e.g., VISA or MASTERCARD), the issuer basically advances money to you, and for that you are charged:
- 4% (applied by the VISA or MASTERCARD circuit);
- about 1.2%-1.5% on the inter-bank official exchange rate (the one you see on Yahoo or XE), applied by the VISA or MASTERCARD circuit.

With DEBIT (e.g., MAESTRO, CIRRUS), that is plain ATM using your normal bank ATM card, you are charged:
- say 3$ fixed fee (the exact amount depends on the bank), in whatever foreign country you are;
- about 1.2%-1.5% on the inter-bank official exchange rate (the one you see on Yahoo or XE), applied by the MAESTRO circuit.

In other words, in most situations and in most countries, it is largely more convenient to withdraw local currency from an ATM (DEBIT card), rather than exchanging your home currency to local at an exchange office or bank. At best, a bank will charge 2% on the official exchange rate. Exchange offices at airports may charge even 20% (yes).

Please note: when you enter a multi-function card (credit and debit) in an ATM, you SHOULD be able to select whether you want to use the credit or debit function (the bank might hide that, but don't be fooled).

There are exceptions though. One most notable exception is in BATAM when you want to exchange USD or SGD to IDR (the same may hold also for other currencies, but I never investigated).
The golden rule is always to AVOID using the credit function. The 4% fee is really outrageous.
In Batam, exchange offices are probably involved in local currency trading (so to speak), so they offer very competitive rates even compared to ATM (debit card).
I am not expert about SGD/IDR exchange, but with USD I was able to get rates (by hard negotiation and offering new 100$ notes) which were virtually the same as the XE official rate, that is even saving most of the 1.2%-1.5% applied by the MAESTRO circuit (such a favorable rate cannot be achieved in any bank or ATM).

Last edited by Black Page; 06-10-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:26 AM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1 / Power: 0
pay99 is Cool - loads of Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
Borrowing cash at 5% would be better than using ATM??
WRONG.
The important difference is between CREDIT cards and DEBIT cards.

With CREDIT (e.g., VISA or MASTERCARD), the issuer basically advances money to you, and for that you are charged:
- 4% (applied by the VISA or MASTERCARD circuit);
- about 1.2%-1.5% on the inter-bank official exchange rate (the one you see on Yahoo or XE), applied by the VISA or MASTERCARD circuit.

With DEBIT (e.g., MAESTRO, CIRRUS), that is plain ATM using your normal bank ATM card, you are charged:
- say 3$ fixed fee (the exact amount depends on the bank), in whatever foreign country you are;
- about 1.2%-1.5% on the inter-bank official exchange rate (the one you see on Yahoo or XE), applied by the MAESTRO circuit.

In other words, in most situations and in most countries, it is largely more convenient to withdraw local currency from an ATM (DEBIT card), rather than exchanging your home currency to local at an exchange office or bank. At best, a bank will charge 2% on the official exchange rate. Exchange offices at airports may charge even 20% (yes).

Please note: when you enter a multi-function card (credit and debit) in an ATM, you SHOULD be able to select whether you want to use the credit or debit function (the bank might hide that, but don't be fooled).

There are exceptions though. One most notable exception is in BATAM when you want to exchange USD or SGD to IDR (the same may hold also for other currencies, but I never investigated).
The golden rule is always to AVOID using the credit function. The 4% fee is really outrageous.
In Batam, exchange offices are probably involved in local currency trading (so to speak), so they offer very competitive rates even compared to ATM (debit card).
I am not expert about SGD/IDR exchange, but with USD I was able to get rates (by hard negotiation and offering new 100$ notes) which were virtually the same as the XE official rate, that is even saving most of the 1.2%-1.5% applied by the MAESTRO circuit (such a favorable rate cannot be achieved in any bank or ATM).
i dont know how they do it but is i get my cash when the bill come is like i buy something or spent in ktv.i think is inside job lah.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohOnly21 View Post
Recently the price of ojek has gone up.. Took 3-5 times ojek over the weekend, traveling within nagoya cost 15k if nego, 20k no nego. 10k no longer the basic fare for ojek traveling with nagoya area. 10k deal is still achievable though but very rarely.
Took ojek on an almost weekend from Harbour Bay to Kaha,and then to Formosa at 20k. Took another ojek from Formosa to Meximo pub and back at 20k.

Just sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog_mlvn View Post
...must be orang asli of Btm, take local transport.
Sorry,bro...whats the meaning of orang asli of Batam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmac888 View Post
..Let u know next week as am in taiwan now ..
Looking forward to your return,hehehe...

Quote:
Ohh.. So driver commission is the reason behind the populated crowd at this place.
Practically all 1st tier massage places like the Spa Secret,Majestic Spa, GO massage etc etc commissioned taxi drivers to bring their customers there. Why no Spa Secret,Majestic Spa or Go Massage etc for me except Nagoya Spa and Massage is becos it is different and stands out from the rest of those other 1st tier spa. It is a potential place for me to "rest in peace",hehehe...

Enough said.
(discretion required)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker88 View Post
Sports is definitely clean. The curtains are never fully closed. Not allowed. The massage is professionally done, and usually I tip the gals for the hard work they put in.
Reason one why i didnt like to try. Too "clean".
(i will still need to try it one day)

Quote:
Can be rather full during weekends.
Reason two why i didnt like to try. Always too many people in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CestLaVi3 View Post
I will read & re-read your Beginners Guide and try not to ask questions that has been answered to death. You have been very patient and supportive to many newbie like me.
Thank you for your understanding. I guarantee as a newbie,you will 100% make mistakes along the way,but following my guide/s definitely wont lead you too wrong. Till today,i am still learning from other bros mistakes (and my own too),note them down so as to cross-reference it later whenever i am going to Batam.

Not asking you to make mistakes so i can learn tho,but to avoid making mistake made by me and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CestLaVi3 View Post
i hope not to disappoint you. Thank you and have a great week ahead.
You only have yourself to answer to.If you are shy to post your FR in public,you can always PM them my way.

May you have a good upcoming Batam trip.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2006 View Post
Permata indah and bunga massage which ones is good?
None. There was no good booking joints,only the most suitable girl in a booking joint for oneself. Every booking joint is run differently and w/o understanding how each joint (or their OKTs) deal with their customers/girls,every booking joint may end up as a lousy joint or the best joint.

Comparing the both places you mentioned and in my personal point of view,one is more expensive than the other. One has more zombie-like pretty girls,the other has more desperate-for-booking pretty girls. I happen to like both kind,hehehe...i'll flip a coin for my own case.

Quote:
The taxi from harbour bay to Nagoya is it standardize 50K?
Nope. Taxi fare in Batam is never standardized. Base on the info of this thread,it can be any amount ranging from 25k (blue bird/silver cab) to 80k (carrot chop) from Harbour Bay to Nagoya (those advertise on the internet is even way higher).In one of my trip to Batam, I tell taxi driver in Formosa Hotel that i have no money left on my last day,the taxi driver drives me to Harbour Bay for free (but that’s for me only,I guess..lol). Up to end of Sept 2015,out of 20 times taxi rides in Batam,if i dont remember wrong ,i only pay once for a 50k taxi ride (unless i am traveling to Sekupang (KTM),Pulau Galang or Nongsa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverman View Post
Reason i asked because i love to see myself (from the mirror) doing doggy and screwing my cewek.
Hehehe...i guess as much. My fetish is watching 2 or more girls (in nude some times) in my hotel room bed "rubbing" each other. Everyone has a different fetish,hehehe...

Quote:
... make sure you stay firm on the agreed price as i believed 9/10 taxi at the end of the day will request for more like saying not enough, patrol up, drive you around many trips and most common of all "finding money for food".
Good advise. I learned something today and I thank you.

99% taxi drivers in Batam are unreliable. I would have add another 0.9% if i didnt met a taxi driver who drives me to Harbour Bay for free (free things usually cost more later).

Just personal opinion.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 06-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 35 / Power: 0
superman2006 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Permata indah and bunga which ones quality and service is better? From harbour bay to Nagoya is it fixed at 50 K?
Old 06-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Samster

Quote:
From harbour bay to Nagoya is it fixed at 50 K?
I hope the following info (from Formosa Hotel) helps:

Old 06-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 49 / Power: 0
saxophone deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat007 View Post
Good trip you had there, and thanks for the FR.
u welcome. I beliefs in return back where i take from. yes,i had a good time,thx to info here & nono guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iicycold View Post
U are one rare breed who still honor a man's word. Up u my lil 3 pts for that,keep it up!

How many REAL man still kept their words today,out of ten mayb i see 1? Max 2. Most can go Keyza to interview for a job as their recept.
Thk u bro iicycold. I check wit u,u say u up me lil 3 pts only but my pts like so high nw. If no wrg i tink i only 20 pts b4. U up me 29 pts?

Sorie for out of topic,hw do i up u back 29 pts?

Keyza i read is a btm massage shop? They looking for recept?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1374 / Power: 12
KohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxophone View Post
Keyza i read is a btm massage shop? They looking for recept?
It's meant to be a joke.

As the recept at Keyzha is a LB (Ah Gua), those who personality like Ah Gua might as well work at keyzha as a recept.

Hope you get the joke.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 137 / Power: 14
Seth El Nino deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuySeth El Nino deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
None. There was no good booking joints,only the most suitable girl in a booking joint for oneself. Every booking joint is run differently and w/o understanding how each joint (or their OKTs) deal with their customers/girls,every booking joint may end up as a lousy joint or the best joint.

Comparing the both places you mentioned and in my personal point of view,one is more expensive than the other. One has more zombie-like pretty girls,the other has more desperate-for-booking pretty girls. I happen to like both kind,hehehe...i'll flip a coin for my own case.
Nice interpretation bro!!
Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Samster

Has anybody thought of buying a property in Batam? And which part of Batam if want to buy e.g. near Batam Centre or Harbour Bay?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 564 / Power: 11
iicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to alliicycold is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxophone View Post
Thk u bro iicycold. I check wit u,u say u up me lil 3 pts only but my pts like so high nw. If no wrg i tink i only 20 pts b4. U up me 29 pts?

Sorie for out of topic,hw do i up u back 29 pts?
Hi bro,i can up u only 3 pts,the rest of the other 26 pts could've been up by other bros who appreciated yr effort on yr earlier FR. U r new to the forum & u now have 1 power & can up others 1 pt.

Quote:
As the recept at Keyzha is a LB (Ah Gua), those who personality like Ah Gua might as well work at keyzha as a recept.
Yep,u r right.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 22 / Power: 0
Mozeng deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Anyone knows if coming back on a Saturday which time of the ferry from harbor bay to Sg will be crowd timing?
Old 07-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Samster

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4858 / Power: 23
newyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by espada View Post
has anybody thought of buying a property in batam? And which part of batam if want to buy e.g. Near batam centre or harbour bay?
harbour bay area.

For INCOMPLETE LIST OF MASSAGE CENTRES IN BATAM See link below

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthr...6580&page=1281
Old 07-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Samster

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4858 / Power: 23
newyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeng View Post
anyone knows if coming back on a saturday which time of the ferry from harbor bay to sg will be crowd timing?
basically, it will be a crowded day, in and out.

For INCOMPLETE LIST OF MASSAGE CENTRES IN BATAM See link below

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthr...6580&page=1281
Old 07-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 721 / Power: 17
tomcat007 is a splendid one to beholdtomcat007 is a splendid one to beholdtomcat007 is a splendid one to beholdtomcat007 is a splendid one to beholdtomcat007 is a splendid one to beholdtomcat007 is a splendid one to beholdtomcat007 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
basically, it will be a crowded day, in and out.
Ya, anytime also crowded for Saturday.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1
Closed Thread