View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4858 / Power: 23
newyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond reputenewyorker88 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by juswan2knwu View Post
Agreed. The SEZ, if fully implemented, will benefit both SG'orean & Indon businessmen & Batam wkers. Hwevr, as U hav mention they kind of knt agreed hw the legastive & financial ctrl of the SEZ. So, it doesn't make $$ sense 2 SG SMEs who R there 4 saving & nt spending.
The current central govt. lks more positive & promising than the previous few but it is still weak politically & in authority ovr separate islands since it is in pwr 4 oni a term. Oni a strong govt. tat is ensure of longvitity (lik Surhato's period) k implement fwd lking policy tat has positive lasting effect 4 the SEZ & country as a whole.
Corruption is their way of life here and laziness is their culture.

I have no problem with SBY, but the vice President kalla is the headache one.
Yes, the SEZ will be good to all the SMEs in singapore and many many workers and people in Indonesia. Imagine a worker who is able to feed his family of 3 or more. And say a million jobs are created, how many people benefit from these? The workers here are cheap and it has a mutual benefit to singapore and indonesia if things are planned properly.

However, the indos are always afraid that others will earn more $$ than themselves. yet, they dont have the expertise to do the job. So they rather not do it. When others done it, they get jealous and want a share too, yet they dont want to work for it.

The new govenment have given more autonomy to local govenments, which see it as a money spinning event, for whoever get elected. they care more about their pockets than to draw in investments. Of cos they want investments, but with their style( corruption and coffee money, mind you, not small sum). So that is one of the reasons why they would not pen down the agreements. They would lose alot of $$$( outside) as they are not able to bend the rules.

Rupiah on the whole is not stable and many chinese has parked their $$$ elsewhere. This place is still a good place to make $$ and has alot of resources. Unless some major event happens, I dont see the Rupiah dropping to crazy levels again.

For INCOMPLETE LIST OF MASSAGE CENTRES IN BATAM See link below

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthr...6580&page=1281