View Single Post
Old 13-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3727 / Power: 23
nyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond reputenyquist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation system update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor
The changes are aimed at reducing the number of clones with reputation power.

I will change the algorithm every few months to minimise the impact of multiple nicks on the reputation system. However, bear in mind that it will only reduce the problem.. it won't solve it.

All automated systems have weaknesses that can be exploited. It's an ongoing cat and mouse game. I have been going through the database system periodically to disable clone nicks and it is taking up too much of my time. This new algorithm will give me more time to go fishing for the next month or so. I'll then come back and tweak things further if necessary.
Good morning admin.... Early bird catches the worm... Yes the system need to be reviewed and changed over now and then. Clap, Clap!!!!

Constantly, On the Lookout for a Good Lobang