View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 246 / Power: 18
cuppam1982 is a Helpful and Caring Samstercuppam1982 is a Helpful and Caring Samstercuppam1982 is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Chinese RMB rates..

the MAS policy is to increase the strength of the sGD, thus reduce the impact of the Inflations. the currency had been increase by more than 20 percent thoughout the 2008.(claim by newpaper). the strength of the rmb is mainly due to external issues. you might be available to notice that the sudden increase in strength of the rmb currency is mainly within july to aug.

USD700B
i think when the bill get thought there wil be a sudden lift in the overall maketm and the rates will go up abit. but however, i don think it will be within this two week, the bill will take around weeks to get though and then need to wait for the government to "pay" up and the affect is not immegiate.
furthermore, the 700b bill is split into three stage.

the reasons for the rmb is become so strong within the years, is mainly due to the country had more import than export. thus the goverment had to purchase more forigen currency to bring down the currency rate.
i thought the import of the milk product is limited. the currency will weaken. did not see any effect
the rates i get more is around 4.68 to 4.7 for money rate.

let pray the rate will go down. at least to 4.8+ to 4.9 if not sian, i will be going to china for 5 days. i will dring around 2k(sgd) to go over. let hope it will be around 10,000