View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 13
micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
For both sea food and non-sea food taker,i believe this Marine Live Sea Food place is a MUST VISIT.
Must add a very important (Live-2-Eat) supplementary note :

As what Nono experienced at Meximo MeePangsit - different cooks will have taste and quality changed. I have been to Marine Live quite a few times - and there was once very early on - it was Denny's assistant cooking the food and it was really different - I inquired abt the change in taste, found out, and thereafter insisted Denny himself cooks my food.

Likewise with Kez's Resto - even if Chef Denny is around - I insist he makes my dishes - else I will order something cheapo or not at all. His kitchen crew's skill and management can't compare to the champion chef himself.

Got one senior batam bro (who went to Kez before, liked it) recently disappointed with Kez and sent me PM. And I found out the champion chef wasn't the one preparing, sampling, supervising and plating his food (was busy with other things).

So insist on that chief-cook/chef to do your food. Not being a bastard here, but the restaurant/food-stall is premised on that chief-cook/chef after-all, and no one likes disappointments.

Last edited by micmac888; 11-08-2015 at 07:14 PM.